Funding and Partners
As a community library we must be self-sufficient and able to fund operating and development costs.
Our costs include:
- Utilities (electricity, water etc);
- Staff costs;
- Newspapers and magazines;
- Technology related (e.g. library computers and information technology)
Buckinghamshire County Council continues to provide basic book stock but members may wish for us to spend some income enhancing the stock.
Since we started, we have received funding or a commitment to fund from the following:
- Pitstone Parish Council;
- Ivinghoe Parish Council;
- Slapton Parish Council;
- Cheddington Parish Council;
- A grant from Cllr Avril Davies Community Leader Fund; and
- A resource grant from Buckinghamshire County Council.
This income is supplemented with fundraising activity. If you are holding an event and would like to support the library, feel you could comlete a sponsorship in aid of BVCL, or would like to contribute in another way, we would be enormously grateful. Please contact us on 01296 387890 or email email@example.com